Each fellow is eligible to receive the following benefits for each of the three years of the fellowship.
Fellows will receive a yearly stipend of $35,000 for general living expenses. Stipends for fellows will be mailed or direct-deposited on the last business day of each month.
Fellows are eligible to receive up to $10,500 towards college/university tuition and fees. Tuition and fees support will be paid directly to the fellow’s host academic institution by ORISE. ORISE will provide half of the annual tuition support to the host academic institution each semester or a third of the annual tuition each quarter, upon verification of the fellow’s full-time enrollment status. It is the fellow’s responsibility to ensure their tuition obligations are paid in full each term.
Fellows will receive a research allowance of $5,000 per year, which may be used for the following purposes:
- Travel, lodging, meals, and registration/participation fees for approved research activities and/or professional development experiences;
- Travel, lodging, meals, and registration/fees to scientific/technical research conferences or professional meetings;
- Purchase of laboratory research supplies relevant to participant’s graduate research;
- Journal subscriptions relevant to graduate studies or scientific professional development;
- Books for coursework or graduate research; or
- Computer and peripherals for academic use (not to exceed $1,200 of research allowance per year).
Annual DOE SCGF Research Meeting
The fellow’s travel and accommodations for the annual DOE SCGF Research Meeting will be provided by the DOE SCGF program.